- Note: If you are a Temporary or Permanent Resident (of Mexico), REMEMBER never to enter or exit Mexico as a tourist.
FMM Tourist Card
- Allows one to enter Mexico for up to 180 days when you enter Mexico either by land, air or sea. It is a standard tourism form. One must leave Mexico before expiration.
- MEXICO TOURIST VISAS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
Permanent Resident Visa (PR)
- Leading to Mexican citizenship (not mandatory),
- May perform professional activity (earn income). Must notify Immigration of any status change.
- One is not allowed to own a foreign plated car with this status.
Temporary Resident Visa (TR)
- Intended for people who wish to live in Mexico for more than 180 days and not longer than 4 years. The visa is issued for one year, and can be renewed for a further 1, 2, or 3 years. After 4 years you may apply for a Permanent Resident Visa. Must apply for a pre-approval at a Mexican consulate outside Mexico.
- Not allowed to earn income as a TR. A foreign plated car is allowed.
Temporary Student Resident Visa
- This visa is issued to a non-Mexican who intends to enter into Mexico for courses, studies, research projects or training in educational institutions belonging to the Mexican national education system which will last for more than one hundred and eighty days.
Temporary Exit/Re-entry Permission letter
- Note: If you need to leave Mexico while your Temporary or Permanent visa application is pending with INM office. You have to apply for an INM Temporary Exit/Re-entry Permission Letter at the INM office.
For more info on Mexican Visas